Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines.
The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields.
Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), and Shanghai, China (2018), the 2019 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2019) will be held in Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. BigComp 2019 invites authors to submit original research papers and original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
- Web search and information retrieval
- Models and tools for smart computing
- Cloud and grid computing for big data
- Security and privacy for big data
- Smart devices and hardware
- Big data applications: Bioinformatics,
Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
- Tools and systems for big data
- Data mining, graph mining and data science
- Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
- Big data analytics and social media
- Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
- Mobile communications and networks
- Smart location-based services
Submission Information (Tentative)
Papers can be either regular or short papers, where regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. Papers must follow the IEEE two-column format. The submission site and more detailed information will be announced later.
- Selected papers will be invited for publication in international journals
- Several workshops will be organized in the BigComp 2019 conference