Call for Papers
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have been drawing much attention from diverse disciplines including computer science, information technology, and social sciences. The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields among researchers, developers, and users from academia, business and industry. Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), Shanghai, China (2018), Kyoto, Japan (2019), Busan, Korea (2020), Jeju, Korea (2021), and Daegu, Korea (2022). The 2024 IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (IEEE BigComp 2024) will be held in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. IEEE BigComp 2024 invites authors to submit original research papers and as well original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
BigComp 2024 will be held in Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok is the capital and most populous city of Thailand. It is a center for business, finance, and tourism. It is a popular tourist destination for its historical landmarks, temples, palaces, and vibrant nightlife. The Sukosol Hotel, the conference venue, is close to many popular tourist attractions, including the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, and the Chatuchak Weekend Market. For more information about Bangkok visit https://www.tourismthailand.org/Destinations/Provinces/Bangkok/219
TOPICS of interest:
We invite the submission of original research contributions in the following areas, but also welcome any original contributions that may cross the boundaries among areas or point in other novel directions. In addition, BigComp 2024 encourages submissions about products, practices, and services in industry:
In particular, we strongly encourage big data and smart computing specialists in industry to submit their papers as [Industrial track papers].
• Big data analytics and social media
• Big data applications / big data as a service
• Big data ecosystem
• Bioinformatics, multimedia, smartphones, etc.
• Cloud and grid computing for big data
• Crowdsourcing and human-in-the-loop
• Data mining and data science
• Data and information quality
• Disaster analysis
• Infrastructure and platform for big data and smart computing
• Knowledge graph, graph data management and mining
• Machine learning and AI for big data
• Machine learning and AI theory and fundamentals
• Mobile communications and smart location-based services
• Recommender systems
• Search/retrieval and generation of big data
• Security and privacy for big data
• Smart computing models, tools, and devices
• Techniques, models and algorithms for big data
• Tools and systems for big data
• Understanding multi-modal data
Original papers formatted in PDF according to the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings must be submitted through EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigcomp2024. Regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. BigComp 2024 adopts double-blind review policy. For details, please see the submission guideline at the conference homepage.
The manuscripts submitted to the [Industrial track] will need add “[Industrial paper]” in front of the paper title and will be reviewed in a separate process for the [Industrial track papers].
Important Dates (Timezone: AoE)
• Paper submission: October 14, 2023 → October 28, 2023
• Tutorial/Workshop proposal: October 14, 2023 → October 21, 2023
• Notification of acceptance: November 30, 2023
• Camera-ready: December 20, 2023
• Early registration: January 31, 2024
• Conference dates: February 18~21, 2024
ⓒ Copyright 2024 KIISE – All Rights Reserved.
[KIISE] Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
#401 Meorijae Bldg., 76, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06704, Korea
Email: email@example.com | Fax: +82-2-521-1352 | Homepage: www.kiise.or.kr
Business Registration Number: 114-82-03170