Call for Workshops
2020 IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields. Running annually since 2014, it currently attracts many participants, including the best talent in industry and academia. The conference will foster collaboration and bridge the academic- commercial gap in the database, artificial intelligence, network and big data communities.
We now encourage prospective workshop organizers to submit proposals for highly interactive workshops (either full-day or half-day) focusing on either in-depth analysis or broad-ranging approaches to exchange cutting edge research ideas in Big Data and smart computing research, development and practice. These workshops will complement the main 2020 IEEE BigComp conference. The workshops will be held on the day before the main 2020 IEEE BigComp conference.
Workshop proposals are reviewed based on the quality of the proposal, its relation to the main IEEE BigComp topics, and the likelihood to attract enough participants as well as the hosting capacity of the venue. Accepted workshop papers will also be published in the IEEE BigComp workshop proceedings, which will be indexed in the IEEE Digital Library, together with the main 2020 IEEE BigComp proceedings. All the workshop papers should be limited to no more than 8 pages in IEEE Conference format.
Workshop proposals (5 pages at maximum) should include the following information:
• Title of the workshop
• Motivation for the workshop and appropriateness to BigComp
• Theme and purpose of the workshop
• Format and planned activities and a tentative schedule of workshop (a half day or full day)
• Selection process for presenters
• Expected minimum/maximum number of participants
• List of organizers with a short biographical sketch of each organizer, describing relevant qualifications and experience
• Names of program committee members with an indication of which members have already agreed
• If the workshop has been held at previous BigComp or another conference, the organizers should describe briefly past attendance and outcomes
Workshop proposals should be submitted by email to workshop chair Young-guk Ha (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important Dates (Timezone: AoE)
• Workshop proposal submission due: August 2, 2019 September 30, 2019
• Workshop paper submission due: October 31, 2019
• Acceptance notification: November 30, 2019
• Camera-ready copies due: December 13, 2019 January 6, 2020
• Author registration due: December 30, 2019
• Workshop date: February 19, 2020
• Prof. Young-guk Ha, Konkuk University
• Prof. Atsuyuki Morishima, University of Tsukuba
• Prof. Chaokun Wang, Tsinghua University
• Prof. Jae-Woo Kang, Korea University
• Prof. Dong-Hyun Oh, Inha University
ⓒ Copyright 2019 KIISE – All Rights Reserved.
[KIISE] Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
#401 Meorijae Bldg., 76, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06704, Korea
Business Registration Number: 114-82-03170