Call for Papers
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines. The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields. Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), Shanghai, China (2018), and Kyoto, Japan (2019), the 2020 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2020) will be held in Busan, Korea. The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. BigComp 2020 invites authors to submit original research papers and original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
The topics of interest for BigComp2020 include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Techniques, models and algorithms for big data
• Machine learning and AI for big data
• Web search and information retrieval
• Models and tools for smart computing
• Cloud and grid computing for big data
• Security and privacy for big data
• Smart devices and hardware
• Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
• Tools and systems for big data
• Data mining, graph mining and data science
• Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
• Big data analytics and social media
• Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
• Mobile communications and networks
• Smart location-based services
Papers must be formatted in PDF according to the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings and submitted through EasyChair. The direct link for paper submission is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeebigcomp2020.
Papers can be either regular or short papers, where regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. BigComp2020 adopts single-blind review policy.
Journal Publication (Tentative)
Selected papers will be invited for publication in the following SCI(E) journals after further revision and extension.
• Information Science
• Journal of Supercomputing
• World Wide Web
• BMC bioinformatics
• Data and Knowledge Engineering
• International Journal of Data Mining in Bioinformatics
• IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems
Best Paper Awards
Best Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference to the authors of selected outstanding papers.
Important Dates (Tentative)
• Workshop proposal submission due: August 2, 2019
• Tutorial proposal submission due: August 26, 2019
• Full/short paper submission due: August 26, 2019
• Acceptance notification: November 18, 2019
• Camera-ready copies due: December 6, 2019
• Author registration due: December 30, 2019
• Early registration due: January 17, 2020
• Conference dates: February 19-22, 2020
ⓒ Copyright 2019 KIISE – All Rights Reserved.
[KIISE] Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
#401 Meorijae Bldg., 76, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06704, Korea
Business Registration Number: 114-82-03170