2018 IEEE International Conference on
Big Data and Smart Computing
January 15-18, 2018, Shanghai, China
Copyright © Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention from computer science and information technology as well as from social sciences and other disciplines.
The goal of the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp), initiated by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information on current studies, challenges, research results, system developments, and practical experiences in these emerging fields.
Following the successes of the previous BigComp conferences in Bangkok, Thailand (2014), Jeju, Korea (2015), Hong Kong, China (2016), Jeju, Korea (2017), the 2018 International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2018) will be held in Shanghai, China.
The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE and KIISE. BigComp 2018 invites authors to submit original research papers and original work-in-progress reports on big data and smart computing.
The topics of interest for BigComp2018 include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Techniques, models and algorithms for big data
• Machine learning and AI for big data
• Web search and information retrieval
• Models and tools for smart computing
• Cloud and grid computing for big data
• Security and privacy for big data
• Smart devices and hardware
• Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
• Tools and systems for big data
• Data mining, graph mining and data science
• Infrastructure and platform for smart computing
• Big data analytics and social media
• Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
• Mobile communications and networks
• Smart location-based services
• Workshop proposal submission due:
• Full paper submission due:
• Tutorial proposal submission due:
• Acceptance notification:
• Camera-ready copies due:
• Author registration due:
• Early registration due:
• Conference dates:
• March 30, 2017: BigComp 2018 Website Opening
• Program Co-Chair
Prof. Junping Du: email@example.com
• Web Co-Chair
Prof. Chulyun Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 30, 2017 August 7, 2017
July 31, 2017 August 14, 2017
August 30, 2017
October 30, 2017
November 15, 2017
November 20, 2017
December 15, 2017
January 15-18, 2018
ⓒ Copyright 2017 KIISE – All Rights Reserved.
[KIISE] Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers
#401 Meorijae Bldg., 76, Bangbae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06704, Korea
Business Registration Number: 114-82-03170